Commissioners are elected at large from one of three geographic districts for four-year staggered terms. As the governing body of the county, the Board of 澳门太阳神娱乐澳门太阳神娱乐官网 Commissioners (BoCC) establishes the vision and sets the direction for county government to plan for the future challenges that face our community.
Archuleta 澳门太阳神娱乐澳门太阳神娱乐官网's three-member Board of 澳门太阳神娱乐澳门太阳神娱乐官网 Commissioners has a responsibility to provide leadership to county operations through the adoption of the annual budget, which includes all departments, commissions, and other spending agencies funded by county appropriations, including law enforcement and human services.
Other powers, authorities, and responsibilities of the Board of 澳门太阳神娱乐澳门太阳神娱乐官网 Commissioners include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Levy taxes, subject to state tax revenue limitations
- Enter into contracts and receive grants and gifts
- Approve intergovernmental agreements, resolutions, and ordinances
- Accurate and timely reporting to state and federal agencies as required
- Make appointments to various community boards and commissions
- Care for county property, including the acquisition and disposal of county property
- Act as the Board of Equalization
- Liquor licensing
- Road and bridge construction, maintenance, and repair
- Adoption of subdivision regulations
- Weed control